LUGGAGE REPAIR POLICY
Your luggage has a warranty which covers manufacturing defects in workmanship and materials. Our warranty does not cover repairs resulting from carrier damage, misuse or neglect of the product, normal wear and tear, or repairs beyond the warranty period.
The warranty is utilized through our authorized repair centers. The authorized repair center will make the determination whether the damage is due to a manufacturing defect. If it is a manufacturing defect, they will repair your luggage and bill Samsonite directly. If it is not repairable they will order you a replacement bag. If they feel it is not a manufacturing defect, they will contact you with an estimate before making any repairs to your luggage.
To receive warranty service, please take or ship your product to one of our authorized repair centers. If a repair facility is not convenient for you, you may complete the Repair Request Form and ship the luggage to the nearest authorized repair center. Detailed instructions are provided on the Repair Request Form
You can also visit one of our Samsonite Company Stores for assistance in shipping your luggage at a minimal charge.
The Authorized Repair Center will make the final determination on the status of the product with the possible following outcomes:
- If the product is repairable and covered under warranty, the product will be repaired at Samsonite's expense and returned to you.
- If the product is not repairable and is covered under warranty, if the same product is in stock, the product will be sent directly to you. If the product is unavailable, a comparable item will be sent. In the case that a comparable product is unavailable, a letter will be sent authorizing you to visit the nearest Samsonite Company Store to pick out a comparable product. Note: The Authorized Repair Center will not direct a store to replace product for a customer. The Authorized repair center will request a replacement for you from Samsonite.
- If the product is repairable and not covered under warranty, you may either have the product returned to you un-repaired, or have the product repaired at your own expense.
- If the product is not repairable and not covered under warranty, you can elect to have the Authorized Repair Center send the product back to you un-repaired, or you may ask the Authorized Repair Center to dispose of the product.
NOTE: PRODUCT MAY BE RETURNED TO ANY SAMSONITE COMPANY STORE AND STORE PERSONNEL WILL SEND THE PRODUCT TO AN AUTHORIZED REPAIR CENTER
If you choose to take your merchandise to a store, a shipping fee will be collected:
- $10 for piece under 26"
- $15 for piece 26" or larger
BUSINESS CASE, CASUAL BAG AND TRAVEL ACCESSORIES POLICY
All business cases, casual bags, backpacks and travel accessories must be returned to the point of purchase. If for some reason you cannot return the product to the point of purchase. We offer two options:
-You may either visit the store closest to you to return the product, or you may ship the product to the store closest to you. For our store locator, click here.
-If the product was purchased online, click here. for return instructions. Please note that the store will make the final determination on the status of the product, which may include repairing or replacing the product if it is covered under warranty.
Certain replacement parts are available for purchase, along with a small shipping charge through Consumer Relations. These include: Keys; Padlocks for Softside Luggage; ID Tags; and Detachable Shoulder Straps.
Order Replacement Parts: Contact us or call 1- 800-262-8282 (Monday-Friday 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM EST)
A number of our International and U.S. dealers have in-store repair facilities. Please note: Repair services and parts offered by our dealers are independent of Samsonite and are priced at the sole discretion of the dealer. Please fill out the Repair Request Form and send it along with your product to one of our authorized repair facilities.
Please check our list of authorized repair centers to see if there is a location near you that offers this service.
SERVICE & REPAIRS TOP 10 FAQs
[ Open All | Close All ]
1. HOW CAN I PROPERLY CLEAN MY PRODUCT?
We recommend using a gentle soap and warm water, rinsing well. If you would like to wax the case after cleaning, any good silicone-base automobile or furniture polish will preserve the luster and add resistance to the covering. We do NOT recommend, however, that you try to clean the luggage with a combination cleaner-polish.
We recommend spot cleaning with a mild soap (i.e. dish soap) and water. If this is not successful, try a product used for spot removal on clothing such as Spray 'n Wash, or using a foam type cleaner used to clean car mats or automobile carpets (sold at car parts stores). If the luggage has an offensive odor, use a vinegar (1 part) and water (5 parts) mixture. This may take the odor out but it will then need to be aired out for a few days. Also, we recommend placing charcoal in the bag for a day or more (depending on the strength of the odor) and close the bag. The charcoal will absorb the smell.
2. WHERE IS THE NEAREST AUTHORIZED REPAIR CENTER?
3.HOW CAN I ORDER A REPLACEMENT PART?
4. WHAT DOES MY WARRANTY COVER?
5. HOW CAN I HAVE MY CASE REPAIRED?
6. CAN I HAVE MY LUGGAGE REPAIRED OUTSIDE OF THE US?
United States: 1-800-262-8282
ext 237 (French Calls)
Mexico: (01800) 904 89 00